In recent times, virtual documents have replaced traditional pages. These documents are in various forms. Major extensions used worldwide are pdf and doc. These files are usually inter-convertible. So, which file to prefer? Is converting pdf to word fruitful? Are a few questions working people deal with? This article will discuss both the extension so that you can decide which one to choose.
What is a pdf extension?
PDF files are generally used by university students, as they are easily accessible and convenient to read. There are several other benefits of a pdf file. They are:
- Security: These files are more secure to use because they can be stored under password protection. The sensitive data can be protected from hackers through a password protection facility. Also, limited access can be provided so that limited people can edit the file, and the rest can only view it.
- Format: No matter how many devices it is transferred to, it will not distort and remain in the same format until someone converts it purposely.
- Multidimensional: Various media files such as images, graphics, 3D models can be accommodated in a pdf file.
- Convenient: pdfs are accessible in all operating systems as they are easy to share and view.
- Compact: The most comfortable part about a pdf is they are compact. Lots of information can be compressed into a single file.
These are the benefits a pdf file offers you. But for professional use, it is recommended to convert a pdf to a word file. A word file offers several advantages mentioned in the next section.
What is a word file?
Word files are generally created with Microsoft word. But you can easily convert a pdf to a word file through various sites available online. The main purpose of a word file is to accommodate text. If someone sends you an open word file, you can edit them easily. Editing a word file comes with several features that make the entire process smooth and convenient. Pdf takes a lot of effort to edit. Converting pdf to word simplifies the process. There are various places where word files are recommended. They are discussed in the next section.
Uses of a word file
There are many fields where word files are preferred. Even if your file is in pdf format, you should convert pdf to word for it. The places where they are used are:
- In education: A word file is comfortable for both teachers and students. It is convenient to make notes and share a word file in an online assignment, especially in the pandemic era, when the entire education system works online.
- In the workplace: Various works such as submitting bills, letters, creating reports, sample documents, letterheads can be done easily with word files.
- Resumes: It is recommended to keep your resumes in a word file. This allows you to update them easily whenever you want.
These are major places where a word document is preferred over any other format. There are many ways to convert pdf to word. Some websites offer this facility so that you can access word files easily. If you have a text file in any other format, you should convert pdf to word for a comfortable experience.