You were injured in a car accident in Atlanta and believe that the other party was negligent in their actions. You may have the right to ask for compensation, but it all depends on the surrounding circumstances. No matter the situation or type of personal injury case, you need to get legal advice from the right source. Working with an experienced Atlanta personal injury attorney can be immensely helpful, and in this post, we are sharing tips on how to find the best one in business.
- Avoid jack of all trades. If a personal injury attorney is dealing with everything related to the law, you know that there probably are master of none. Find a law firm that deals with cases that are similar to yours and they must have a proven track record.
- Experience. As a new client, you have every right to ask the attorney about their experience. For instance, what are some of their top cases? How much do they win in settlements on an average? Has the lawyer worked on cases that have disputed fault? Seek answers, so that you know your attorney better.
- Reviews and references. If you want to know a personal injury attorney better, do ask them for references. A law firm that has been around for years will offer that without any hesitation. Also, check if the lawyer has good independent reviews online from other clients.
- Know your claims worth. Experienced lawyers don’t merely push clients to file a lawsuit. Sometimes, the whole effort may not be worth the compensation expected, and your lawyer may ask you to accept whatever the insurance company is offering. Every accident is unique, and you need a lawyer who can take a stand.
- Trial experience is critical. While most accident claims are settled outside of court through negotiation, there is still a chance that your case ends up in court. Find a personal injury attorney who has experience of trial and can take things to court as needed.
Lawyers in Atlanta usually work on a contingency basis, where they only get paid if they win a settlement. Nevertheless, do your homework when it comes to choosing a personal injury attorney. Meet your lawyer in person and ask them questions related to the expenses of the case. Also, ensure that the same lawyer is going to represent you in the court and not a junior.